April 8, 2012
- Macaroni Kid's Family Travel Expo
- Beauty & The Beast Comes to NJ State Theatre!
- Kona Ice Birthday Party
- Red Riding Hood & Other Stories
- Deck of your dreams
- American Girl Books
- Ghost on Broadway
- Hellmann's Chicken Change-up Challenge
- Little Macaroni Movies
- Macaroni Movies
- This Week's Picks
- Plan Ahead
- Acorn Montessori
- Branchburg Sports Complex
- Camp Invention
- Centenary Stage
- Happy Time School
- Hunterdon County YMCA
- Hunterdon Parks & Recreation Summer Nature Camp
- Kamp Kierson
- Rambling Pines
- Red Oak Ballet Academy
- River Edge Farm Riding Day Camp
- The Youth Center
- Jersey Fresh Produce Club
“There’s nothing quite like a live theater experience,” said Mark S. Hoebee, Producing Artistic Director at Paper Mill Playhouse. “Our Children’s Theater Series presents parents with an opportunity to introduce their children to live theater, while creating memories that will last a lifetime.”
All shows take place on select Saturdays and begin at 10:00am. Tickets are $15-$20 for orchestra and box seats and $12 for mezzanine seats. Tickets may be purchased by calling 973-376-4343, or at the Paper Mill Box Office at 22 Brookside Drive in Millburn, or online at www.papermill.org. Paper Mill Playhouse gift cards, available in any denomination, can be purchased at the Paper Mill Playhouse Box Office. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express accepted.
PAPER MILL PLAYHOUSE CHILDREN’S THEATER SCHEDULE
Red Riding Hood & Other Stories, A Theater For Everyone Performance
Saturday, April 21, 2012. Pushcart Players
Ages 5 & up
Here is an enchanting collection of classic tales - Little Red Riding Hood, The Emperor's New Clothes, The Princess and the Pea and Hans Christian Anderson's All's Well That Ends Well.
-A Paper Mill Playhouse "Theatre for Everyone" Presentation-
This unique presentation is designed in cooperation with AUTISM NEW JERSEY, THE DOUGLASS DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES CENTER AT RUTGERS UNIVERSITY and PUSHCART PLAYERS.
At this special performance, the theater environment will be altered to offer a comfortable, judgment-free space that is welcoming for all families:
• Lights up inside the theater
• Lower volume & consistent sound level
• Kids free to talk and leave their seat (supervised)
• Show runs about one-hour with an intermission
• Chill-out space provided
• Family bathrooms
• BYO snacks & drinks
• Online resource materials: "THIS IS MY THEATRE" Sequence Book may be downloaded at www.papermillorg. This version has no words so that parents may tailor the book for their own child by handwriting their own descriptions.
• New to the theater experience? “MEET YOUR SEAT!” before the show! Join us for our FREE Open House on Friday, April 20, 2012 from 3:00pm - 6:00pm, expressly for children to visit the theater space before the show. (no reservation required)
The Rainbow Fish
Saturday, May 5, 2012. ArtsPower National Touring Theatre
Ages 4 & up
The Rainbow Fish is used to being the most beautiful creature in the ocean, so when the other fish ask her for some silver scales, she refuses. How can she sacrifice the one thing that makes her so unique?
Saturday, May 12, 2012. TheatreworksUSA Ages 5 & up
Skippyjon Jones is a little kitten with big ears and even bigger dreams! Sometimes he pretends to be anything BUT a Siamese cat! When Skippyjon Jones becomes convinced that he is really a chihuahua, he begins a battle against a big bandito bee that teaches him to accept himself and his own gifts.One very lucky Macaroni Kid reader is going to win a pair of tickets to see Red Riding Hood, courtesy of Paper Mill Playhouse! To enter, email me at [email protected] with Paper Mill in the subject line. Tell me why you would like to win! MUST be a NW Jersey Macaroni Kid subscriber to be eligible to enter. Winner will be picked at random on or about April 16, 2012, at which time this giveaway will be closed. Good luck!
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC